Fanime 2008 (Saturday)

One-day badge: $30
Merchandise & Food: $47
Fanime '08 Experience: Priceless

We probably probably spent a total of 3 out of the 11 hours we were there in line, Ed, Perla, Marco, Brenda, and I. But it was totally worth it. Woke up at 7:30, took a shower, got ready at 8:05, Ed showed up at 8:20, messed with his cosplay costume for a while (he was Roy, I was Riza), waited and waited and waited for Perla (and took a nap) until, like 9:30 until we finally left.
We argued over directions almost the entire way there, haha. I dubbed "Roy" useless 'cause it was raining =] (Well, that, plus his obvious lack of gloves..) We showed up at the San Jose McEnry Convention Center at 11:00 and stood in line. Forever. We reached the front of the ine around 12:00. No joke. I got so sick of looking at all the same cosplayers for an hour. So we registered. And then stood in another line. A line whose only purpose was to guide you to another line across the hall. We paid at the end of that line and then get in another line for our badges. At the end of all this, I must admit, I was quite claustrophobic. So for there, we got in yet another line for food, which we got and then, thank God, sat down. o.o My feet already hated me, but that was just the beginning.
While we were eating, Marco realized that he had been given the wrong person's badge. Lucky bum, he coulda gone today too if he wanted, the badge he got was an all-weekend pass.. Anywho, for some reason, Perla thought that the entrance/exit where we got the badges was at the end of the hall (when it was really right behind us), so we started walking that way. I was just kinda following. We got to the end of the hall and then kinda realized we had no idea where we were going. So we went into the dealers room to buy stuff! I got FMA earrings and new neko ears =] Ed bought Mustang's gloves lol
Then we went over to "Stage Zero" for the gothic fashion show, Lolita Kisama. That was definitely the most entertaining fashion show of my life, hands down. I stood on a chair the entire time 'cause we were in the back and I'm short and I couldn't see and I wanted to take pictures. Perla went and got another chair and hecka people asked if they could stand on the same chair as me, haha. So I ending up standing with one foot on each chair and they were almost a foot apart. Slightly uncomfortable, but I'm a good person, I suppose.
After the fashion show and oggling over the models, we went to the gaming room and ultimately ended up loitering for a while (my feet hated me and I'm pretty sure they still do).
After that, went to the Artist Alley. Why did you make me go in there, Perla, why!? I wanted to buy everything =[ I limited myself to a new cell phone chain and hair clips though.. I would've bought more, but I had to get dinner later...
Then we walked across the street to the Civic Center to get in line for the masquerade. The entrance was right across the street, but the line went around the corner, so we followed it to find the end. And it went around another corner! And halfway down the block on that side! We should've known to go around the other way.. By the time we got there, there were only balcony seats on the sides left, and that would've been okay except for all the stairs! o.o So we got up to the top and got seats and stared to watch. A little while into it, Ed and I made a run downstairs to get food for everyone. By the time we got back up, we had just missed the FMA skit =[ -emo fangirl- Anyway, at the food stand, they had run out of hotdogs and we wanted two, so they gave us one and we went back down for the other one later. Crazy lady tried to charge me a second time, but when I told her I had already paid, she gave us two hotdogs instead of the one we didn't get. Go figure. So we took them back up again. By this time, my legs hated me more than my feet. So here's the best lines from my favorite skit:
Roxas -on phone-: Hey, Axel! Wanna have an orrrgy? Aww.. Alright.. I'll see you later... I love you too
(later)
Xingbar (I think XD) -on phone-: Hey Mansex!-- I mean Xemnas!
So, yeah, that was totally awesome. Perla, Marco, and Brenda had to leave early, but Ed and I stayed longer and went to the dance after checking out the game show, during which some random chick glomped me from behind and went "SQUEE! RIZA HAWKEYE!" right in my ear. Awkward. I knew the answers to most of the questions in the game show too -.- Sad.
I must say, though, anime fans make the best dancers =D Not that I danced with anyone but Ed, but what I mean is, you can throw a ton of us in a room, turn off the lights, crank up the music, and there'll only be 9 people grinding, tops. I swear.
We finally left around 10:40 and got back around 11:15. Ed fell asleep on the car ride home XD The whole thing was TOTALLY AWESOME! I'm so going back next year.. I wanna be one of the millions of Pikachu cosplayers next time, but no mini-skirts and tank-tops for me! I'm going the exact opposite direction! Skin-tight yellow jumpsuit! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment