Kin-Yoobi Con 2008

Overall, very underwhelming. I suppose I was just spoiled with my first real con being Fanime, but Kin-Yoobi was kinda boring, even for people who said it was their first. It wasn't terrible, it's not like I didn't have any fun, but it seemed like there was nothing to do.
I woke up around 8:30 and panicked to get ready because I knew I wanted to get up at 8. Daniel showed up around 9 and we left shortly after to pick up Genna. We didn't follow the directions to the place right, so we ended up driving around for basically forever before calling someone for directions.

Once we got there, we immediately humiliated ourselves with karaoke (me and Genna at least), which is apparently Japanese for "tone deaf" (or something like that). Then we listened to some bands and read some manga in the manga library. I got my picture taken by random people I don't know how many times (at least that was fun) and attacked by a group of random otakus (not as much fun). The otakus were all "Can we get your picture? Where's Black Hayate? Do you have a gun? Here, use this gun! Strike a pose! Wait! I wanna get in the picture! The camera's not working! Why is there a timer on it?" and I was just like "What the...?" Freaks.
Somewhere in the middle of all this, Perla showed up and we ate free pizza too.
Anywho, I was gonna enter the cosplay competition, but didn't. Last-minute stage fright. Oh well, no harm done, it was lame to watch anyway and there was hardly anyone there. Then we played and watched video games on and off for the rest of the night.
Lame. I'm tired and I have a headache and I was BORED! Oh well, at least I talked with friends a bit. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment