Kin-Yoobi Con 2009

I woke up around 9:30 to get ready. I had originally wanted to leave at 11, but my ride wanted to go earlier..... And then ended up showing up late. So we arrived at the con at 11 anyway.

We scoped out the area and played a couple video games. I played DDR as Amaterasu to the delight of a few onlookers.

I played Legend of Starfy on my boyfriend's DS until the Anime Jeopardy started. Which I failed at. Miserably. I really hope that's not on YouTube... After that was Wheel of Fandom. I watched two rounds and played another two. I won one. I swear, I would've won the second if I hadn't have landed on that "Loose a Turn" space...

After that was Anime Roleplay, which wasn't what I expected at all. The description made it seem like you chose / cosplayed a character, were given a scenario, and had to act it out with other role/cosplayers. I guess you could say that that's what it was, but the other cosplayers gave one-line answers. I wanted to play with it more, so here's what I did:

The scenario was, the emcee was a bartender who had a secret password, which we were supposed to attain. So...
Me: Is there any drink you would recommend?
Bartender: Just the usual scotch on the rocks..
Me: Is there anything special about this drink?
Bartender: No, nothing really.
Me: So outside of bar tending, what else do you do? Any hobbies..?
Bartender: I'm a ninja-spy-- Oops.
Me: So. If you were to make a secret password, what would it NOT be?
Bartender: Are you playing mind games with me?
Me: Oh, no, just making smalltalk. =]
Bartender: Well, it would definitely NOT be scotch on the rocks...
Me: Would it be.. Vodka?
Bartender: No. But it would definitely be an alcoholic drink.
Me: Would it be.. Sake?
Bartender: Aww, you got it! I'm a ninja, of course I like sake!

The audience seemed to like it, so I was pretty proud of myself. The next scenario was that we were in line at a DMV and the emcee was the guy in the front of the line. We were supposed to get in front of him. I offered him 20 flasks of holy sake and he let me though. ;] I'm not sure how much of that was really in-character, but I tried, for the most part.

Eventually was the costume contest, which I placed 3rd in. I'm a little butthurt, but I'll get over it. (3 months and $200... To get in third place. Heck yeah I'm butthurt...)

The dating auction was lackluster, my boyfriend wouldn't let me auction myself OR buy anyone. I wanted to buy Wolverine and have him give me a running piggy-back ride across the convention. *sigh* Some dreams must go unfulfilled, I suppose.

Afterward, the Anime Ball was supposed to start, so we waited around and I played more DDR. I was given a bear hug by a.. Oh, snap, I forget the name of the character he was cosplaying as. I don't do Naruto >_< So I don't remember character names.

It seems as though the Anime Ball was canceled, so we left.

In the courtyard outside the convention, the cosplayer that bear hugged me stopped us again and got a little too close for my comfort, so I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment