Fanime 2009 (Saturday)

I don't really know what I did all day, but I was there from 9:30am to 12:30am (past midnight). I was L and was chained to Light. Our group also included Matt (Death Note).

Woke up freakishly early to do mine (L) and Mello's and Light's makeup. Left for the con around 9 and got there around 9:30. Literally not five seconds after we got out of the car, we (more specifically Matt) were mobbed by fangirls xD Then we stood in line for two freakin' hours! Well worth it, of course, but jeeze.

As soon as we got in, we went to wait in ANOTHER line for the FaniMaid Cafe, in which we were attacked with questions from an over-zealous otaku. It was alright for the first, say, three minutes, but after that, I could've gone without. We got pulled to the front of the line because we had a small group and got seated. Our waitress played a game of Guess Who: Pokemon Edition with us and then we played on our own for a while =] We took a picture with our waitress and left. Overall, the FaniMaid Cafe was really cute and lots of fun. But I could do without the otakus...

After that, we scoped out the Dealer's Hall, Artist's Alley, and Gaming Room. I played a game of DDR, which is a BAD IDEA in binding! So I played "Dead L" for about a half hour or so after that. To the delight of my friends as they could POKE ME to a second death while I was laying there xP We were approached later in the game room by a Joker (Batman) with an idea for a Death Note product xD I won't give out details, but it was pretty good.

We wandered about for a few hours, lookin' at things to buy and who was there, getting mobbed by fangirls, all the fun things there are to do at a con. No panels though, actually, nothing in particular caught our interest. Around four or four-thirty, we walked a couple blocks down the street to a McDonalds where we ate and did makeup touch-ups. After that, we went back to the con for a bathroom break and then headed out to get in line for the masquerade.

The masquerade was alright, not as good as last year, in my opinion. We started out in BAD seats. As far as location goes, they were alright. Close to center stage, just in the back. But the IDIOT behind us wouldn't stop talking about how cute (or not cute) he thought the girls on stage were. And he was rude about it. I nearly ripped his head off. A few seats in front of us opened up and we jumped into them. They were a little more off to the side, but definitely well worth the move.

After the masquerade, we went to the techno rave, which was AWESOME. A couple fangirls squeeled over Matt and I dancing (and later kissing, haha). But about a half hour into dancing, I altered my shirt to be a bare midriff (show'd mah belleh lol) 'cause it got insanely hot, so I was no longer recognizable to my knowledge. In the hallway right outside of the rave, we ran into a guy with a "free hugs" shirt with a bunch of signatures on it. There was no room for us to sign, so I drew a big, black, Death Note-style L over a few names. We talked for a while and he rubbed my belly and poked my abs xD He took off shortly after I introduced Matt as my boyfriend (which he is) haha.

We took a freakin' limo home! Woo! See, it was the day of our Prom and I had decided the thing I was going to miss most was the limo, so I decided we'd get one anyway lol I was surprised at the lack of surprise from onlookers when it showed up though D= That's no fun. I like creating an awe factor. The ride home was fun, we played with buttons in the back of the limo and drank the sodas and such (and were shocked at the fact that there was vodka back there). Got home around one-thirty and crashed there lol.

Some awesome quotes from the day:
Another L: "Aww.. I wanna be chained to Light =["

Fangirls (at Light carrying a sleepy L down the hall): "AWWWWW!"

Matt (to L at the techno rave): "Uhh.. You're kinda backin' it up on those Akatsuki members behind you..."

No comments:

Post a Comment